U.S. citizens are required to register their children adopted from Azerbaijan with the Consulate General of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles.
Please prepare and submit the following documents to facilitate the registration of your child with the Consulate General:
- Application for consular registration of the adopted child (available at the Consulate);
- Consular registration form filled-out in the child’s name;
- 2 child’s passport-sized photo with his/her name on the back of the photo;
- A Court Decision from Azerbaijan on adoption, or a notarized copy of it;
- Child’s Birth Certificate (issued after adoption), or a notarized copy of it;
- Passports of both of child’s adoptive parents, or their duly notarized copies;
- State ID cards of both of child’s adoptive parents, or their duly notarized copies;
- “Money Order” or “Cashier’s Check” in the amount of $20, payable to the “Consulate General of Azerbaijan”.
Adoptive parents should inform the Consulate General of the Republic of Azerbaijan of any subsequent changes in their address.